Kadlec Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist in Richland, Washington
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions for you to answer from our Modern Hire system.
Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for a Pharmacist to join our growing Pharmacy Administration team located in Richland, Washington!
Shift Details: Full-time, 1 FTE, Variable Shift
Graduation from an accredited College of Pharmacy.
Current Washington State Pharmacist licensure.
Graduation from an accredited residency program.
Previous institutional pharmacy practice experience.
Bi-lingual or multi-lingual skills.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Pharmacist you will provide pharmaceutical care to Kadlec Regional Medical Center patients; Performs maintenance of medication care electronic health records, allergy history documentation and review; Prepares and dispenses prescribed drug therapies; Monitors drug regimen appropriateness, prevention and monitoring of adverse drug effects; and oversees medication system safety and security, provision of drug information to patients and professional staff, performance of clinical drug interventions with medical record documentation, performance of pharmacist prescriptive protocol duties, and provision of other medication care service activities.
Demonstrates and sustain compliance with Kadlec Caregiver Expectations Standard of Excellence and Code of Conduct.
• Understands, embraces, and instills Kadlec’s Mission, Vision and Values.
• Embraces a culture of professionalism and excellence in providing pharmaceutical care.
• Provides prescribed medications and other pharmaceuticals as needed for patient care according to professional standards and practices.
• Monitors individual patient drug therapy for medication safety and appropriateness.
• Inpatient dose monitoring per patient renal function status.
• Follows Aminoglycoside, Vancomycin, and Adult TPN prescriptive authority protocols.
• Actively participates in KRMC’s Antimicrobial Stewardship program.
• Provision of decentralized clinical services on inpatient care units.
• Responds to questions from physicians and nursing staff and patients regarding medicines and pharmaceuticals.
• Oversees daily drug distribution service activities.
• Oversees controlled medication procurement, distribution, security, and documentation compliance daily.
• Performs medication safety oversight activities throughout the Medical Center.
• Supervises and checks work of the pharmacy technicians; may assist in interviews, selection and training of new technicians.
• Fills prescriptions for take-home medications; packages and labels medications following established procedure.
• Oversees sterile compounding service activities.
• Assists Clinical Coordinator in providing training of pharmacy students and pharmacy residents.
• Reviews and validates computerized medication order entry work of physicians and other medical care providers.
• Performs specialized order entry functions and maintains patient pharmaceutical care documentation within the clinical information system.
• Advises and consults with patients and other health professionals regarding medication therapy indications, efficacy, adverse effects, safety recommendations, administration guidelines, and optimum utilization practice.
• Participates in Pharmacy Department performance improvement activities.
• Maintains current professional knowledge through continuing education activities.
• May be required to drive a vehicle (as applicable) if driving record is acceptable, as established by the insurance industry and required by KRMC’s commercial auto/valet insurer.
• May perform specialized administrative assignments such as attending designated meetings, inventory management activities, medication education activities, employee scheduling, various quality assurance activities, quality improvement team participation or clinical pharmacy project work.
• Supervises daily operation of Automated Drug Dispensing Devices and medication carousel automation systems.
• Monitors organizational medication safety compliance.
• Documents drug therapy clinical interventions, medication errors, and adverse drug reaction events per pharmacy operational protocol.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Provide safe compassionate care. We promise to answer the call of every person we serve; to know them, care for them and ease their way. We are committed to safety, compassion, respect, integrity, stewardship, excellence and collaboration.
Located in sunny Tri-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non-profit healthcare provider in the region. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare by combining cutting-edge technology and innovation with evidence-based, patient-focused care. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law. EOE. To learn more, click here: https://kadlec.jobs/about-us/
Job Category: Pharmacists
Req ID: 311683